COD System Implementation Information for Additional COD System Changes to Support the CARES Act – Supplemental Phase
As part of the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System implementation planned for Nov. 8, 2020, we will make additional changes to the COD System to support the reporting requirements for withdrawn students who qualify for a Title IV waiver under the CARES Act. These changes supplement the work completed earlier this year and explained in a July 30, 2020 Electronic Announcement and a Sept. 23, 2020 Electronic Announcement. In this announcement, we provide the following important information about our implementation plans:
- COD System Changes for the CARES Act (Supplemental Phase)
- Best Practices for Using the Coronavirus Indicator
- COD System Outage Information
- Contact Information
COD System Changes for the CARES Act (Supplemental Phase)
On Nov. 8, 2020, we will make additional COD System changes to assist schools updating records as a result of provisions in the CARES Act. The phase supplements the work completed in August and September 2020 and will include:
- Change to the applicable award years for the Coronavirus Indicator (COD web and R2T4)
- Update to the valid date range for the Payment Period Start Date (PPSD)
- Bypass of COD Reject Edit 71
Operational Considerations and Best Practices for Using the Coronavirus Indicator
In addition to these COD System changes, in a separate attachment to this announcement we provide schools some considerations and best practices when using the Coronavirus Indicator.
COD System Outage Information
To implement the COD System functionality, we will suspend COD batch processing from 1–11 a.m. Eastern time (ET) on Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020. Records submitted during this time will be held and processed after the outage ends.
In addition, between 1–11 a.m. ET on Sunday, Nov. 8, 2020—
- Users will not be able to submit or retrieve data via the COD website.
- Users will not be able to access the COD Reports area of the COD website.
If you have questions about this announcement, contact the COD School Relations Center at 1-800-848-0978. You may also email CODSupport@ed.gov.
Additional COD System Changes for the CARES Act Beginning Nov. 8, 2020 (Supplemental Phase) in PDF Format, 2 Pages, 199KB
Best Practices for Using the Coronavirus Indicator in PDF Format, 4 Pages, 205KB