1. Down (or flat) will be the new up when it comes to tuition prices.
2. “Elite” will shift from being the sought-after brand to a questionable one for all but the wealthy. Country clubs or colleges? That will be the question.
3. Experiential marketing – in the form of short summer and online courses for high school students – will become the dominant strategy of enrollment management.
4. Admissions decisions will be made in 24-48 hours.
5. Colleges will track and report 3-year graduation rates – in addition to 4- and 6-year graduation rates.