[KETTERING, OH, 1/6/22] – Graphic Design USA Magazine (GDUSA) notified the winners of the 2021 American Graphic Design Awards this month. Nine alumni and students from The Modern College of Design won awards in social media, website, packaging, branding, and campaign design. An upcoming issue of GDUSA Magazine that showcases submissions from established professionals to rising newcomers will feature the winning pieces. Award winners and their work can also be viewed on GDUSA’s website: https://gdusa.com/competitions/graphic-design/2021-agda-awards
Award winners are listed below.
• Savannah Hollstegge, 2021 graduate, Associate in Design
• Madison Hosier, 2021 graduate, Bachelor’s in Design Leadership
• Jacob Humphries, 2021 graduate, Associate in Design
UC Bearcats Football Social Student
• Shelby Miller, 2021 graduate, Bachelor’s in Design Leadership
• Hannah Nibert, 2021 graduate, Associate in Design
• Briana Perez, 2021 graduate, Associate in Design
Dia De Los Muertos Website
• Elizabeth Uhlenhake, third-year student, Bachelor’s in Design Leadership
Refuse the Use Branding
• Alexia Woodward, third-year student, Bachelor’s in Design Leadership
• Summer Wysong, third-year student, Bachelor’s in Design Leadership
Of the over 11,000 entries received for this year’s competition, GDUSA stated, “That this is among the largest of six decades of this endeavor says nothing about us but a lot about the resilience of creative professionals, the value of design, and the complexity of the human condition.”
This prominent publication has consistently featured student, faculty, and alumni work from The Modern over the last decade, and this year was no exception. “We are proud of the fantastic design work that our alumni and students create, and it is rewarding when industry experts share it with the world,” states The Modern College of Design President, Jessica Barry.
About The Modern College of Design
The Modern College of Design is an award-winning design college founded in 1983. Its mission is to educate, develop, and prepare students for successful careers as leaders in design. To learn more about The Modern, visit themodern.edu.
The Modern College of Design
Matt Shetler, Director of Marketing and Communications